Despite all the verbal hints, written notes, and ripped magazine pages strewn around our house, my husband did not send me to a luxuriously furnished cabin on a remote island with the option of ordering takeout for all three meals. Maybe next year.
I can’t complain, though, because I was given a much better gift. For the first birthday in two years, I am not pregnant! Let me explain why this is important.
- Because my belly isn’t abnormally large, I can fit into a sexy outfit and head out to my restaurant of choice.
- Because I am not sick, I can actually eat the food at that restaurant.
- Because I don’t feel weepy, I won’t cry because I can eat the food. (Okay, maybe I will.)
- Because I’m not exhausted, I will not fall asleep during the movie I choose for tonight’s fun activity.
- Because my body doesn’t hurt, I will not have to sit down every 5 minutes to rest.
- Finally, because my moods are somewhat regular, I will not be upset with my husband. I think this is Ben’s favorite reason.
I am not quite sure who to thank for this fabulous gift (because I obviously do NOT practice abstinence), so I will send a million thank you cards to God. I think He can redirect them if needs be.
Congratulations to the three that correctly guessed my age. If you promise to still be my friend, I will tell the rest of you.
Did you promise yet?
I am 23.
Don’t hate me.
To honor my birthday, I am closing the comments. Now go do something fun!!