Hi friends. My little guy has been doing better and I am now back to my usual perky and silly self. Or maybe that’s because it’s Friday. You all know what Friday means right? Date night!! Okay, here it really means going out to eat. Our weekly ritual. It is what keeps me cooking during the week.
About that 10 things list, let’s see, I have 7 items left, right? Anyone been counting? Well, I say 7 items so 7 items it is. I know I was going to do a day-to-day list, but my attention span is very slight. Thus, I became rather bored with that idea. So, here’s a nice, smooth bulleted list of my last 7 things.
- I often write comments and posts that are not completed thoughts. Usually by the time I sit down to blog, I have only a few minutes so I am rushing through my comments before one of the kids wakes up. Now you know why half my comments on your blog probably don’t make sense. And why I jump around from freakishly happy to mournfully sad posts. Sorry about that.
- I am paranoid about hand washing. I wash my hands AT LEAST 20 times a day. If I know you don’t wash your hands (after using the restroom or changing diapers, that is), I will most likely not ask you to watch my kids (lucky you), won’t eat at your house, and will avoid letting you hold my babies. Yes, it is that bad.
- Hand washing isn’t my only tick. If I find a piece of hair in my food, my appetite will vanish. It will take me a few months to make that food again let alone eat it.
- We don’t have a dishwasher so I am extremely anal about how my dishes are cleaned. I don’t let Mr. B (or anyone else for that matter) wash the dishes because I know I will wash them again and I don’t want to hurt his feelings. Hey, at least I have a heart, right?
- We furnished our whole apartment with $300. We went to hundreds of garage sales within a 2-month period, searching for the right furniture–kitchen table, queen sized bed and mattress, couches, end tables, bookshelves, desks, and dressers. Obviously, our furniture does not match but, by golly, they are comfortable and make our apartment look cozy.
- I will do laundry all week long and pile it up on our big couch. By the end of the week, there is no where to sit on said couch. Classy, huh?
- Mr. B’s real name is……Ben. I know, I know, we all have really plain names. I am getting used to it now.
Now that I have virtually unclothed myself I am going to hide in my closet, er, I mean bedroom (I can’t fit in my closet).